Welcome!

SonWorld Adventure Park presented by Nelson Chapel

Smell the popcorn. Get your ticket. This years VBS is all about kids making good choices. Based on Joshua 24:15, this is SonWorld Adventure Park where kids will discover that choosing Jesus is the ticket to the best ride of their lives. At SonWorld Adventure Park, there’s no height requirement, the lines are short and everyone gets a good view of all the fun. But hold onto your hats, because it’s sure to be a life-changing ride!

At SonWorld Adventure Park kids will...

  • learn to make good choices and how to choose Jesus!
  • play action Games!
  • make cool Crafts!
  • sing great Songs!
  • eat yummy Snacks!
  • watch hilarious Skits!
  • ride a virtual roller coaster!
  • The best part is...It's Free!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 4: Choose to Obey




The Rich Young Ruler
Scripture: Luke 18:18-27

Bible Memory Verse

PreK/Kindergarten: "I will obey Your commands." Psalm 119:60

Elementary: "I have considered my ways...I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." Psalm 119:59-60

Music




The music teachers, Ms. Nancy, Malcom and Adrienne work very hard to teach the kids their songs and fancy moves for the day. On Friday each grade level will be performing a different song. You're in for a super show from the kids, all in under 6 days!

I Will Hasten
by Jamie Owens collins

Chorus:
I will hasten and not delay,
I will hasten and not delay,
I will hasten and not delay,
Not delay to obey Your commands.

When You say jump,
I'll say how high
And I won't wait, won't hesitate
I'll try to reach the sky.

Repeat Chorus

When you say shout,
I'll shout out loud.
I'll obey right away.
I'll shout above the crowd.

Repeat Chorus


Recreation




Again the kids played some wet and wild games outdoors. They filled sponge balls with water and tried to tag their team mates. Occasionally the guides and even the teachers became involved in the game....unwillingly :-)




Snack Time

The snack for today was a munchies treat. Cheesy nachos, popcorn, pretzels and lemonade were a hit with the crowd.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Preview for Day 5- Choose to BELIEVE

On Friday at SonWorld Adventure Park VBS, we'll talk about choosing Jesus to guide our choices every day. We'll also hear about one of Jesus' friends who had to see something before he would believe it!

No comments: